Observations of an Internet Middleman (Level3) (was: RIP Network Neutrality

arvindersingh at mail2tor.com arvindersingh at mail2tor.com
Thu May 15 19:12:45 UTC 2014

Jason I think it is important to consider that you are operating your AS
7922 to serve a global Internet.

In US, there is not a lot of choke because all the big Internet property -
Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon - pay toll to reach Comcast Broadband
customer.  If they do not pay u, there is not a competitive provider to
pay.  The routes to Comcast from "peers" are very congested.  If u don't
pay Comcast, you get sent over throttled Tata link... how is that "open"
internet?

In my home country, the routes to Comcast are poor bc dominant provider,
AS 6453 Tata, is vendor Comcast refuses to upgrade so it can play games.

Thank u again for helping provide information, but pls try to keep it
accurate.

Regards-
Arvinder Singh