Observations of an Internet Middleman (Level3)

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 15 18:01:03 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 1:48 PM, Scott Helms <khelms at zcorum.com> wrote:
> Its not really that complex, if you think about it having 10000s of
> 'movieco' with the same priority is the status quo.  At the end of the day
> the QoS mechanics in DOCSIS are pretty straightforward and rely on service
> flows, while service flows can have equal priority I doubt most operators
> will sell more than a few (perhaps just one) top priority in a given a
> category.

yes, there will only ever be 5 computers. or you couldn't possibly
need more than 640kb of ram..... or more than 4billion 'ip addresses'.

I don't think you have to get to more than 10 or 20 of the stated
examples before things get dicey ... Once a set of customers
experience (and can measure) the effect, they'll back their complaints
up to 'moviecompany' and some set of contract penalties will kick in,
I suspect.

Sure, if there is only one it's not a problem, but there are already
not just one...