Observations of an Internet Middleman (Level3) (was: RIP Network Neutrality

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at cable.comcast.com
Thu May 15 17:34:32 UTC 2014

On 5/15/14, 1:28 PM, "Nick B" <nick at pelagiris.org<mailto:nick at pelagiris.org>> wrote:

By "categorically untrue" do you mean "FCC's open internet rules allow us to refuse to upgrade full peers"?

Throttling is taking, say, a link from 10G and applying policy to constrain it to 1G, for example. What if a peer wants to go from a balanced relationship to 10,000:1, well outside of the policy binding the relationship? Should we just unquestionably toss out our published policy – which is consistent with other networks – and ignore expectations for other peers?

Jason