FTTH ONTs and routers

Aled Morris aledm at qix.co.uk
Thu May 15 17:24:33 UTC 2014

I notice Cisco's new ME4600 ONT's come in two flavors, one (the
"Residential GateWay") with all the bells and whistles that you'd expect in
an all-in-one home router (voice ports, small ethernet switch, wifi access
point) and another (the "Single Family Unit") that looks a lot more basic
and is likely to be deployed as a bridge.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/me-4600-series-multiservice-optical-access-platform/datasheet-c78-730446.html

Aled