Observations of an Internet Middleman (Level3) (was: RIP Network Neutrality

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu May 15 14:29:06 UTC 2014

Having an actual free market would require having competition. So long as we have monopoly layer 1 providers being allowed to use that monopoly as leverage for higher layer service monopolies, (or oligopolies), an actual free market is virtually impossible.

The result of deregulating the current environment would only be more pain and cost to the consumer than we currently have with no improvement in speeds or capabilities and no additional innovation.

Owen