New Zealand Spy Agency To Vet Network Builds, Provider Staff

Tony Wicks tony at wicks.co.nz
Tue May 13 21:44:08 UTC 2014

>To: Paul Ferguson
>Cc: NANOG
>Subject: Re: New Zealand Spy Agency To Vet Network Builds, Provider Staff
>
>I can't speak to that Paul. I attended NZNOG as a guest, I'm from Australia. Others will have to say how the NZ industry is approaching this, I'd get it wrong if I tried!

The industry in New Zealand is responding with "Nobody listened to us and we have no damn choice but to do what the government orders us to do". The general public is completely unaware of what has just happened and as long as there is still beer in the fridge and the game on TV they don't seem to give much of a toss.