Residential CPE suggestions

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Tue May 13 00:29:49 UTC 2014

> On 9 May 2014 12:05, Aled Morris <aledm at qix.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Indeed.  Mikrotik are promising a CCR1009 with 2xSFP and 8xUTP GE
> > ports (and dual PSU) for $425 but it isn't an access switch (so no
> > Q-in-Q) though it does support MPLS/VPLS.
> >

> Apologies for correcting myself, but I just checked and Q-in-Q is supported in
> Mikrotik RouterOS, so this might be the ideal box for you (if it were
> orderable.)
>
> I forgot to include the link too - http://routerboard.com/CCR1009-8G-1S

Thanks to everyone who responded. The picture/spec on this page shows a single SFP, not dual.  Hopefully they will come out with something that supports dual SFP.

I am looking for something suitable for an active Ethernet fiber-to-X deployment. The Ubiquiti routers don't support dual SFP until you get to the PRO (too bad no Wifi, emailed them. :)

Thanks,

Deepak