Odd syslog-ng problem

Peter Persson webbax at webbax.se
Sat May 10 09:24:30 UTC 2014

Hey,

I got a weird problem with my syslog-ng setup, im logging from alot of
cisco machines and that works great.
The problem is that when i "pass" this further to a shell program, some
lines disapere.

My destination looks like this
destination hosts {
   file("/var/log/ciscorouters/$HOST.log"
   owner(root) group(root) perm(0600) dir_perm(0700) create_dirs(yes));
   program("/scripts/irc/syslog_wrapper_new.sh" template(t_irctempl));
};
The "/var/log/ciscorouters/$HOST.log" writes correct, but the data thats
putted trough to "/scripts/irc/syslog_wrapper_new.sh" only get the first
line, if it gets flooded (like 5 rows per second).

Do anyone of you have any idea of what might be the problem?

Regards,
Peter