US patent 5473599

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue May 6 14:56:50 UTC 2014

On Tue, 06 May 2014 09:22:37 +0200, Henning Brauer said:
> * Nick Hilliard <nick at foobar.org> [2014-04-26 22:56]:
> > the situation was created by the openbsd team, not the ieee, the ietf or
> > iana.
>
> that's nothing short of a lie.

Umm.. remind me who chose the conflicting value and shipped product that used
it, when they knew (or should have known) that it would be in conflict?

I'd almost accept an assertion that the issue wasn't recognized as a problem,
or was believed to be a hypothetical that wouldn't happen in the real world.
But trying to deny who picked the number doesn't help the situation.