AusNOG 2014 Call for Presentations
mrp at mrp.net
Tue May 6 04:41:36 UTC 2014
Call for presentations for AusNOG 2014
4 & 5 September 2014
Internet operations can be a broad topic and the programme committee
will be short-listing presentations in the following focus areas:
* Improving the redundancy/resiliency/sustainability of your network
* Making leaps in service or network availability
* Taking the network operations BCP to the next level
* Using 'offline' communications tools to keep the network working
* How technology is changing network architectures
* Evolution in network architectures and scaling issues
* Analysis of relevant major operational events of the year
This year we will be reintroducing a "Peering Forum". In this part of
the programme we hope to include:
* Peering related talks
* Peering personals from various networks
* IX updates
Additional topics that are of interest to the network operator community
are also welcome at AusNOG 2014. Naturally, presentations of a marketing
nature are not welcome at this technical event.
Notes to presenters
Preference will be given to presentations that result in actual
Session speakers should be prepared to present for 30 minutes. Keynote
speakers will be expected to present for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Short
presentations of strong operational content are also acceptable.
Once the final slides are submitted, changes will only be permitted
where the presentation requires the most up to date information or data.
By submitting a presentation for consideration in the AusNOG 2014
programme, and if selected the presenter will allow AusNOG to:
* Take photographs of the presentation and presenter
* Record and rebroadcast video and audio of the presentation and
* Redistribute the presentation slides, audio, video, and photographs
electronically, on the AusNOG website, or otherwise but leaving
all intellectual property in the hands of presenter or rightful
09 June: Submission of presentation title, presentation description
(300 words), and presenter biography (200-400 words)
04 July: Presenters notified of their acceptance status as an
AusNOG 2014 presentation.
27 August: Submission of final presentation slides as Portable Document
Format (pdf), PowerPoint, or Keynote. Provision of a
recent digital photograph (<500k) of the presenter.
All submissions must be sent to organisers at ausnog.net.
A separate call for lightning talks will be made closer to the AusNOG
2014 event. As in previous years you must be registered to attend AusNOG
2014 in order to be considered for a lightning talk.
: AusNOG accepts that some speakers are unable to allow us to archive
their presentation due to company or corporate policy, and if the
situation arises AusNOG will delete all copies in its possession after
For the AusNOG Board
More information about the NANOG