Shared Transition Space VS. BGP Next Hop [was: Re: Best practices IPv4/IPv6 BGP (dual stack)]

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon May 5 07:34:01 UTC 2014

On Monday, May 05, 2014 09:27:37 AM Vitkovský Adam wrote:

> You mean the SR right?

No, I mean:

	draft-george-mpls-ipv6-only-gap-05

The draft looks at issues that need to be fixed for MPLS to
run in a single-stack IPv6 network.

Of course, there is other work that is looking at fixing
LDPv6 as well, as you know.

At the recent MPLS SDN Congress in Paris, I asked some folk
about leveraging SR to push native IPv6 support into MPLS,
but they didn't seem like that was a key application yet. So
while SR is promising, I think it's not a solution for this
particular use-case yet.

Mark.