Paging HP DNS admin

Mark Radabaugh mark at amplex.net
Sun May 4 02:02:09 UTC 2014

Either way - it breaks Sendmail, some versions of Exchange, and possibly
other MTA's.   The proper answer to a non-existent AAAA record is
NOERROR, with ANSWER 0.

Hanging or refusing to answer doesn't result in another attempt to look
for an A record since the name server failed to respond to a valid
query.   Given that the whole point of the domain is to enable email
printing, HP isn't making it easy.

Mark

--
Mark Radabaugh