Shared Transition Space VS. BGP Next Hop [was: Re: Best practices IPv4/IPv6 BGP (dual stack)]

Chris Grundemann cgrundemann at gmail.com
Sat May 3 17:36:10 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 3:58 AM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
> a good number of us use that kinky /10 behind home nats and encourage
> everyone to do so.  it was a sick deal and should be treated as such,
> just more 1918.

A good number of folks use other folks IP space in all kinds of
strange and kinky ways too - it's ALL just more 1918, right??? Or
maybe standards exist for a reason. Perhaps enhancing coordination,
cooperation, and *interoperability* are good things... I'll let you
decide, Randy; is it sick to solve problems through community
consensus and standardization, or is it sick to be the one
intentionally getting in the way of those real world solutions?

Cheers,
~Chris

--
@ChrisGrundemann