oss netflow collector/trending/analysis

Pierre-Yves Maunier pymaunier+lists at gmail.com
Fri May 2 15:58:47 UTC 2014

> Hey There,
>
> I was just wondering, for people who are doing netflow analysis with
> open source tools and who are doing at least 10k or more flows per
> second, what are you using?
>
> I know of three tool sets:
>
> - The classic osu flow-tools and the modern continuation/fork.
> - ntop
> - nfdump/nfsen
>
> Is there anything else I've missed? A few folks here really seem to like
> nfsen/nfdump.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Hi Matt,

I've been using pmacct for quite some time now and I'm more than happy with
the results.

Being able to store all infos in a *SQL db is a killer feature for me.

Also it can speak BGP with your routers so it can grab the AS Path
information which allow us for example to make traffic graphs for a
destination AS aggregated by AS Path (one of my favorites feature I had
with the Arbor peakflow in my previous company).

Pierre-Yves