Dealing with auditors (was Re: We hit half-million: The Cidr Report)

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Thu May 1 00:58:25 UTC 2014

We just dealt with a vmware audit too; it was a joke.  In any case, the
thing I found curious with their auditor as well as a PCI QSA (fancy
auditor), is that neither entity seemed to know IPv6 exists.  The whole
time I'm thinking okay, now why aren't you investigating these same
attack vectors in IPv6?  Just another reason PCI is not necessarily
about security....

David