why IPv6 isn't ready for prime time, SMTP edition

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sun Mar 30 02:40:48 UTC 2014

> The numbers you list in your argument against a micropayment
> system being able to function are a fraction of the number of
> transactions Facebook deals with in updating newsfeeds for
> the billion+ users on their system.[0]

  ... which is completely irrelevant because they don't have a double
spending problem.  Sheesh.  It's easy to scale up stuff that is trivially
parallelizable.*

Also, I wrote that ten years ago.  Add an extra zero or two to the numbers
if you want, but it doesn't make any difference.

Regards,

* - a term of art, look it up