No subject

rwebb at ropeguru.com rwebb at ropeguru.com
Thu Mar 27 17:04:28 UTC 2014

It is actually a 4001i for an IBM Blade Chassis. Sorry for that.

So in this setup, port a would be a trunk with multiple vlans
connection back to a 6509. port b would be a switch port in access
mode that connects to an IBM blade in the chassis.

Not sure that this situation fits either of those scenarios.

Overall problem is that we are seeing performance issues between
servers. These servers are all AIX based. We believe/know that we have
some misconfigurations in the environment with jumbo frames and flow
control. My curiosity about the discards is due to those
misconfigurations. The port I mentioned in my original email has
around 480 million output packes to the 1.1 million discards.

We do have IBM and Cisco support engaged, I am just trying to make
sure I understand enough to be dangerous when I am working with them.

Robert