WKBIs, was why IPv6 isn't ready for prime time, SMTP edition

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Thu Mar 27 15:30:09 UTC 2014

>Actually, a variant on that that might be acceptable… Make e-postage a deposit-based thing. If the recipient has
>previously white-listed you or marks your particular message as “desired”, then you get your postage back. If not,
>then your postage is put into the recipients e-postage account to offset the cost of their emails.
>
>Thoughts?

You could have bought the patent on this WKBI on eBay last year:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251279133681

When I was running the ASRG, I set up a wiki where we could keep a
taxonomy of anti-spam techniques, so we could save time and just point
people at it when they reinvent them.  It's still there, contributions
of anything we've missed are still welcome:

http://wiki.asrg.sp.am/wiki/Attention_bonds

R's,
John

PS: Well Known Bad Idea