WISP or other options

Alex Howells alex at howells.me
Thu Mar 27 10:30:13 UTC 2014

I think the AF5 should be legal over here, at least, the lower bands are
license free up to 1W transmit power.

Not used the AF5 at all yet, it's quite new, and the only AF24 experience I
have is only ~1000m worth of distance so comparatively easy to make work.

Either way you latched onto the point, which is "Where there's a will,
there's a way". In a lot of ways the UK is significantly more
forward-thinking in terms of what can be done with DSL lines, the US LECs
really aren't very imaginative. Who ever thought I'd be praising BT.