Link Layer Filtering not supported on popular equipment?

hasser css hasservalve at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 16:08:28 UTC 2014

Is there any common equipment that doesn't support this kind of filtering?
I have no access to the switches where I work (I am just a CS agent at a
smaller service provider), but my boss tells me that they do not support
doing this... however, I do not believe this at all. I think that all the
switches are all from Dell. Issues are happening as some customers
accidentally have rogue DHCP servers running from their routers being
connected improperly, and his only solution to this issue is to disable the
switch port instead of simply preemptively filtering out this.

Any insight? Regards.