[mailop] IPv6 DNSBL

David Hofstee david at mailplus.nl
Thu Mar 27 13:21:02 UTC 2014

>> I suggest reputation on the reply-to domain also (if authenticated of course). No more running to other IPs / ESPs if you are a bad boy. You can integrate it in browsers and show it there too (watch out; don't enter your email address here because they will spam you or have spam evading practices [if no authentication takes place]). Show the reputation in the email client if possible.

>Most are not authenticated. The vast majority of SPAM I see is, among other things, Joe Jobbed.

True. But the world must progress too. It would be nice if the spam-issue is better solved on IPv6 (than on IPv4). You would then have a reason to /not/ accept on IPv4 (and  give IPv6 a boost).

There must be a good reason for people to get of their asses and start implementing things like DMARC. All the banks (!$%^) I talk to do not have any reason to implement it swiftly (they turn on p=none and then all progress stops). Frustrating that they are too lazy to implement a few DNS records.

It only needs firm backing by 3+ large companies like Hotmail. Give everyone on IPv6 without DMARC a large spamscore (and publish that beforehand ;-) ). Give me ammunition and all corporates will move.

David Hofstee

Deliverability Management
MailPlus B.V. Netherlands (ESP)

> I suggest reputation on the reply-to domain also (if authenticated of course). No more running to other IPs / ESPs if you are a bad boy. You can integrate it in browsers and show it there too (watch out; don't enter your email address here because they will spam you or have spam evading practices [if no authentication takes place]). Show the reputation in the email client if possible.

Most are not authenticated. The vast majority of SPAM I see is, among other things, Joe Jobbed.

Owen