Level 3 blames Internet slowdowns on Technica

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Mar 27 06:31:40 UTC 2014

Depends.

On some services (L3, etc.), yes, they compete.
That should not be conflated with competing at the L1 service.
MSOs deliver L1 co-ax or HFC.
RLECs deliver copper pairs and/or GPON.
Satellite is it’s own peculiar sets of L1 transport.

None of them compete head-to-head on the same technology on L1.

Owen