why IPv6 isn't ready for prime time, SMTP edition

Laszlo Hanyecz laszlo at heliacal.net
Tue Mar 25 23:07:16 UTC 2014

The OP doesn't have control over the reverse DNS on the AT&T 6rd.  Spam crusades aside, it can be seen as just another case of 'putting people in their place', reinforcing that your end user connection is lesser and doesn't entitle to you to participate in the internet with the big boys.  How does one dare run a 'server' without being a member of a RIR?

One would hope that with IPv6 this would change, but the attitude of looking down on end subscribers has been around forever.  As seen in the other thread being discussed here, people are already looking for ways to block end users from participating.

-Laszlo