arin representation

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Tue Mar 25 21:23:53 UTC 2014

On 3/25/2014 11:53 AM, Bob Evans wrote:

> I like term limits for every governing body - except when it's a company I
> built with my money.  :-)

I have absolutely no business jumping into this discussion, but it keeps
hammering on a topic that interests me in other venues:  "term limits".

I am opposed to them, assuming that the election process is open and
honest and the voters have an opportunity to be informed.  (And if it is
not, THAT is what needs to be fixed.)

It is my opinion that every discussion of the "need" for term limits
involves a person or group of people who have these important
characteristics:

They propose and vote in favor of legislation or do something else the
term-limiters don't like.

Their constituency DOES like what they do and signal that by re-electing
them.

State Senator Ernie Chambers here in Nebraska should be the text-book
example of the evils of term limits.

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: