Level 3 blames Internet slowdowns on Technica

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Mon Mar 24 17:53:47 UTC 2014

That number will change depending on distance, terrain, and a lot of other factors.  I have personally installed a lot of outside plant fiber and $700 can turn into $2400 the first time you find a rock or need to add a manhole somewhere.  It also depends on distance between customers and their distance from a right of way.  Are we talking New York labor or Atlanta labor charges?  Big difference there.  Did the municipality require conduit?  Some do and it becomes much more expensive.  Are you digging up any pavement or direct boring it all?

It does not matter much though.  Bottom line is that if you can get a residential customer to pay even $700 construction charge very often, I will be impressed.

Steve