misunderstanding scale

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Mar 24 07:37:00 UTC 2014

On Monday, March 24, 2014 09:00:46 AM Karl Auer wrote:

> The mantras from my training courses: Addressable is not
> the same as accessible; routable is not the same as
> routed.
>
> Just because you give every host a globally routable
> address doesn't mean you have to route them. Just
> because you route them doesn't mean you have to forward
> all traffic to or from them.

Agree, but also practically, there is a higher likelihood
that a good majority of deployments (enterprise, home of
wholesale backbones) will be reasonably more accessible over
time, not less.

You know the new mantras of this day - any computing or
communications device is only as good as its connectivity.

Mark.