IPv6 Security [Was: Re: misunderstanding scale]

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Mon Mar 24 02:56:29 UTC 2014

On Mar 24, 2014, at 6:37 AM, Timothy Morizot <tmorizot at gmail.com> wrote:

> You'll pardon my skepticism over claims that unspecified security weaknesses make it impossible to do what we have done and are continuing to
> do.

All this unfilterable ICMP makes for interesting times - I've already run across ND storms caused remotely (deliberately, IMHO).  Insane policies such as /64s for p2p link addresses don't help, either.

And the consonance of the English letters 'B', 'C', 'D', & 'E' when spoken aloud is quite likely to prove a major security issue, IMHO.  Time for folks to adopt the phonetic alphabet, if they absolutely must communicate verbally.

IPv6 has all the security issues associated with IPv4, plus a few new ones which are unique to IPv6.  Denying the latter doesn't make them go away.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton