misunderstanding scale

Mike Hale eyeronic.design at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 00:54:32 UTC 2014

"unless by few you simply mean a minority"
Which I do.

"appropriately mitigating the security risks shows the claim that
there are security weaknesses in IPv6 preventing its adoption is
false."
No.  It doesn't.  It's not the sole reason, but it's a huge factor to consider.

"But there's nothing inherent to IPv6 stopping them."
There is because it doubles your attack surface at the very least.  At
the worst, it increases it exponentially since suddenly all your
internal devices (that were never configured to be public-facing) are
suddenly accessible from everywhere.

None of this isn't preventable, by the way.  There are a myriad of
solutions that can and do mitigate these risks.  But to simply dismiss
the security considerations is, I think, incredibly naïve and
unrealistic.

--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0