misunderstanding scale

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Sun Mar 23 22:31:57 UTC 2014

On 23/03/2014 21:02, Mark Andrews wrote:
> Actually all you have stated in that printer vendors need to clean
> up their act and not that one shouldn't expect to be able to expose
> a printer to the world.  It isn't hard to do this correctly.

perish the thought - and I look forward to the day that vendors write
secure software which is impregnable to all vulnerabilities past and
present.  When that happens, I'll cast away my default deny configurations
and advise other people to do the same.

Until then, though, I hope you understand why I suggest that default deny
is no less sensible a precaution than locking the front door in a busy city.

Nick