Ipv4 end, its fake.

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Sat Mar 22 14:40:41 UTC 2014

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014, Cb B wrote:

> You can pay $3 per ipv4, that is your business. But, it may be worth noting
> that AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, T-Mobile, TWT, Google Fiber all have have
> double digit ipv6 penetration today.

To be fair:
Verizon Wireless, if you're referring to 4G LTE?  Agreed.
I don't know what the plan is for the remaining 3G services.
Verizon Enterprise (what used to be UUNET)?  Agreed.
Verizon Online (Fios, DSL)?  I have to disagree.  Lots of foot-dragging
here.

Most carriers appear to be making IPv6 capability a requirement for their
LTE buildouts.  The only major US carrier that I hears was resisting IPv6
was Sprint, and I don't know if their position has changed in the past 12
months.

jms