misunderstanding scale

Robert Webb rwebb at ropeguru.com
Sat Mar 22 15:47:33 UTC 2014

So two things here, Bryan...

First, there may be those that do not require IPv6 due to size. So what
is YOUR big plan to connect all those on IPv4 to the rest of the IPv6
world that has dropped IPv4 addresses.

Second, as a DO customer, I am now beginning to understand the culture
and ideology over IPv6 at DO. IPv6 has been asked about since at least
2012 with initial promises of 'Q3 2012 the 'Q4, now no one even wants to
respond. With everyone else bringing native IPv6 on board, I see people
starting to leave unless you change.

Additional support on my feeling of DO and IPv6, is DO's stance of
directly not even allowing IPv6 tunnels to HE, SiXXs, or any of the
other providers by specifically teliing them not to allow connections
from your IPv4 address space.

Good luck on your IPv4 ride when none of your customers have anyone else
to talk to.

Robert

Apologies to all other list members for the somewhat off topic rant.