100GBASE-SR10 interwork with 10GBASE-SR

Chad Lamb chad at xkl.com
Fri Mar 21 23:13:13 UTC 2014

Steven,

In general, there isn't much to worry about optically when interfacing
100GBASE-SR10 and 10GBASE-SR.  If you are using CFP transceivers or CXP
transceivers for the 100GBASE-SR10, your mileage may vary.  For example,
the Avago CXP AFBR-83PDZ has a transmit power range of -7.6dBm to 2.4dBm
per lane.  The Avago XFP AFBR-720XPDZ has an overload value of 1dBm on
the receiver.  We've observed errors when operating a device above the
overload value. So attenuation is needed.  There are "interoperable"
devices from various vendors, making sure the optical interfaces do not
need attenuation.  I can provide more details offline, let me know what
you are thinking about using.

chad

On 3/21/14, 7:54 AM, Lee, Steven (Network Consulting Malaysia) wrote:
> Hi all, is there anyone who has experience the interworking 100GBASE-SR10 with 10GBASE-SR over 24-fiber ribbon cables terminated with MPO/MTP-24 connectors?
>
> If yes, any implementation consideration I should be aware?
>
> Regards,
> Steven Lee

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.
 If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.
 If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender at the above e-mail address.