Customer Support Ticketing

Nick nick at wiredmedium.com
Wed Mar 19 15:03:37 UTC 2014

Paul,

My past two job, I used Kayako. I like it so much I bought a copy for my
side project. I feel work flow with kayako is will thought out for tech
minded people. Having easy access to staff notes while still able to see
the ticket is a big deal for me. Its someway easy to customize allowing
you to pull extra info about the customer into the ticket.

At my current day job. We use OTRS and are working to replace it. I
think its worthless support system with a painful work flow. with poorly
labeled options call Zoom and other stuff.
For our replacement, we are looking at Kana, Parature, eGain and Oracle.
Oracle is over price($300K). eGain was cut for some reason. Right now
Kana and Parature are the two front runners but im not sold.

When looking at a support system.  Get you front end support team
involved from the start. In some cases manager dont know the true work
flow of there support staff.

Anyway, Go with Kayako. You will love it.

Nick Poulakos
wiredmedium