L6-20P -> L6-30R

Randy amps at djlab.com
Tue Mar 18 23:28:26 UTC 2014

On 03/18/2014 7:11 pm, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> As it happens, the chart at
>
>   http://www.stayonline.com/reference-nema-locking.aspx
>
> suggests that the L6-20 and L6-30 are less different than you'd expect.
>
> I *think* those are on different diameters, and a datacenter employee
> ought
> to friggin' know better... but I don't think it's 100% impossible that
> this
> has happened.
>
> If it did, you're gonna replace the plug anyway...

I plan on installing the correct PDU/cords shortly so no adapter should
be needed, assuming it's really a L6-30R on the provider end.

Disclaimer -- I never intended to break any codes, it was an oversight
by me sending the wrong PDU, and onsite staff should have know better
before hooking it up.

--
~Randy