US to relinquish control of Internet

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 23:06:54 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 12:17 PM, John Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:

> >> Let's hope you're right, but I note that the ITU isn't an
> >> inter-governmental organization,
> >It was able to obtain a delegation for ITU.INT, so it's
> >inter-governmental enough in DNS terms.

Yes, it was delegated a month before TPC.INT was.  Could you clarify
> the point you're making?

The ITU is an agency of  the United Nations.    Which is an organization
created  by treaty, of which  various nations'  governments are members.

How is the ITU     _not_  an  Inter-governmental organization?

If it is not, then  what kind of organizations does the NTIA memo say will
be excluded?

--
-JH