new DNS forwarder vulnerability

Merike Kaeo merike at doubleshotsecurity.com
Fri Mar 14 16:05:00 UTC 2014

On Mar 14, 2014, at 7:06 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 01:59:27PM +0000,
> Nick Hilliard <nick at foobar.org> wrote
> a message of 10 lines which said:
>
>> did you characterise what dns servers / embedded kit were
>> vulnerable?
>
> He said "We have not been able to nail this vulnerability down to a
> single box or manufacturer" so it seems the answer is No.

It is my understanding  that many CPEs work off of same reference implementation(s).  I haven't
had any cycles for this but with all the CPE issues out there it would be interesting to have
a matrix of which CPEs utilize which reference implementation.  That may start giving some clues.

Has someone / is someone doing this?

- merike