How to catch a cracker in the US?

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Tue Mar 11 07:00:26 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm an ISP in Germany and a cracker (not a hacker :) ) has targeted a
customers of mine in the last days. The cracker was successful and
caused financial damage / was successful with data theft. I set a trap
and finally caught his real IP address - a Comcast user in the US (100%
not a proxy or bot). What would be the next steps to pursuit him? If I
contact local authorities here in Germany I'm afraid months will pass by
and Comcast will have possible already deleted their logs by then (?).
Any advice?

Thank you!
Markus