anyone ever get an HWIC-CABLE-D-2 card to work?

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Sun Mar 9 20:45:27 UTC 2014

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 1:21 PM, chris <tknchris at gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you have comcast register this card on your account? When you try to
> browse web do you get redirected like a modem in walled garden state?

Yes, I read the HFC MAC address off to the comcast
account activation people, and they repeated it back to
me to make sure it was correct.

I can't browse the web because the line protocol
state on the interface is still "down"--until the
line protocol comes up, there's no ability to
send or receive packets.  :(

If there were a way to force line protocol to come
up, and get an IP address on the interface, I might
then be able to get to the captive portal; but without
a usable IP address on the interface, there's no packet
flow happening at layer 3.  :(

Thanks!

Matt