DNS Resolving issues. So for related just to Cox. But could be larger.

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Fri Mar 7 22:50:56 UTC 2014

On 3/7/2014 5:03 AM, Rob Seastrom wrote:

> for decades.  i have a vague recollection of an rfc that said
> secondary nameservers ought not be connected to the same psn (remember
> those?) but my google fu fails me this early in the morning.

Packet Switch Node?

Not sure what would be in this context.

Not on the same router?  How about two routers away with both THEM on
the same router (a third one)?

Not on a host that does anything else?

Both of those actually make some sense to me, the first from a single
point of failure consideration, the second regarding unrelated failures
(I have to re-boot my windows PC at least once a day, most days because
Firefox, the way I use it, gets itself tangled about that often and a
reboot is the quickest way to clear it).
--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: