[Solved] Any CenturyLink IPv6 engineers/tech people around?

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Wed Mar 5 20:38:26 UTC 2014

On 3/4/14, 2:38 PM, Brielle Bruns wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Don't suppose there's any CenturyLink engineers/tech people on this list
> that can look into a problem with their IPv6 6rd service?

Thanks for the off-list replies. Think I've got the issues figured out.

6rd behaves a lot like 6to4 in how it handles traffic destined for hosts
in the same ISP IPv6 subnet - and aggressive filtering of protocol 41 on
external facing interfaces can break that.

RFC5569 has more details on implementation, in case anyone else runs
into this problem at a later point.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org