Hackers hijack 300, 000-plus wireless routers, make malicious changes | Ars Technica

jim deleskie deleskie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 13:28:01 UTC 2014

Why want to swing such a big hammer.  Even blocking those 2 IP's will
isolate your users, and fill your support queue's.

Set up a DNS server locally to reply to those IP's  Your customers stay up
and running and blissfully unaware.

Log the IP's hitting your DNS servers on those IP and have your support
reach out to them in a controlled way, or  reply to any request via DNS
with an internal host that has a web page explaining what is broken and how
they can fix it avoiding  at least some of the calls to your helpdesk.

-jim