AS path not optimal

joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Tue Mar 4 07:28:38 UTC 2014

On 3/4/14, 3:16 AM, ku po wrote:
> One of my client has peering with nlayer and a provider from Asia. It seems
> from one  major ISP in US, the best path is through this Asia provider,
> instead of through nlayer which we want it to be.
>
> It seems this major ISP does not have a direct peering with nlayer AS 4436
> is the cause of this problem.
>
> What is the best way to address this problem?

For exit selection, tag the routes you want to influence with a
community and then apply a higher localpref to routes from that community.

if inbound is also coming from asia you should explore prepending
towards that provider via provider communities or in your advertisement
directly (the later obviously is gross)