ISP inbound failover without BGP

Faisal Imtiaz faisal at snappytelecom.net
Tue Mar 4 05:09:04 UTC 2014

There are other elaborate solutions to accomplish this, however all of them would require a competent IT/Network Person to manage the network.

If we were the ISP, we would look at such a case an an opportunity, and become the managed service provider, for a fee (typically a premium), and provide the service.

As service providers, we all complain about the end-customer being a pain, but we often forget that it the the PITA end-customers that give us the ability to earn our daily bread!.... I think too many of us are overworked and providing highly under-paid services for peanuts, where we often overlook at opportunities to get premium value as a PITA, and not worth it...

:)

Just my personal two cents,.....

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom