Filter on IXP

Vitkovský Adam adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Sun Mar 2 12:45:13 UTC 2014

> On the other hand, if a member provides transit, he will add its
> customer prefixes to RaDB / RIPEdb with appropriate route
> objects and the ACL will be updated accordingly. Shouldn't break there.

And that's a really nice side effect.

However in case of transit providers the problem is that RaDB /RIPE lists what prefixes you are allowed to advertise.
But that does not necessarily fully match with what source IPs can leave your network.
I mean ISP-A can have a customer that uses PA range of other ISP-B and only has a static route towards ISP-A for some TE purposes.
I'm not well versed with RIPE myself so I'm not sure whether there's a way to handle this situation.

adam