real-time traffic engineering/management solutions
achatz at forthnet.gr
Wed Jun 4 13:52:19 UTC 2014
I'm having a look at real-time traffic engineering/management solutions that include visibility/analysis/control and offer the following basic characteristics:
1) take into account
* links utilization/threshold/deviation
* link price
* packet delay/loss
* physical/logical topology
2) and offer real-time automatic ingress/egress traffic adjustment using
* netconf & bgp to change localpref/med/aspath/community attributes (mandatory)
* SDN/Openflow/I2RS/PCEP technologies (optional)
3) considering only IP traffic (MPLS can be optional), especially on external links used for peering and transit by tier-1/2 providers.
Do you have any personal experience regarding the above features?
>From my personal search Cisco offers Quantum/WAE (inc MATE) which seem very limited in real-time functionality and Huawei offers RR+ which seems interesting but unknown to many people (and maybe not compatible with all vendor routers).
Any other idea or commercial option? Offline answers would be good too.
More information about the NANOG