Owning a name

Collin Anderson collin at averysmallbird.com
Fri Jun 27 04:38:05 UTC 2014

As best as I and others have been able to discern, the order in question is
a subpoena to ICANN pertaining to contracts, financial information and
communications with the Iranian government over their names and addresses.
The claims of granted control appear to be inaccurate -- all of the
reporting on the matter have been childish to the extent of saying Dot-Iran
(‏.ایران) is in Arabic. The next step would be for ICANN to challenge the
request, and one might expect that communities such as this one would have
an opportunity to amicus along the way.

--
*Collin David Anderson*
averysmallbird.com | @cda | Washington, D.C.