Anycast

Abuse Contact stopabuseandreport at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 02:16:23 UTC 2014

Hello,
So I'm new to owning my own IPs. I want to setup multiple locations for a
new service that I'm starting , one location in the USA East and one
location in the USA West (to get started). I originally thought that IP
Anycasting happened when you have to get a IP Transit from a T1 network
like NTT or something and then tell them to set it up for each
location;however, now I'm hearing that you need to just announce the IPs at
multiple DCs. Could somebody please clarify this confusion for me?

Thanks.