MACsec SFP

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 20:45:00 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 4:17 PM, John Schiel <jschiel at flowtools.net> wrote:
> Would be nice if we knew what the protocol was that communicated this
> information down to the SFP and would also be nice if that was an open
> protocol subject to review. UDP something? is my guess but ow do those
> messages look?

today you program the key (on switches that do macsec, not in an SFP
that does it for you, cause those don't exist, yet) in your router
config and as near as I have seen there isn't a key distribution
protocol aside from that which you write/manage yourself and which is
likely using ssh/snmp(ick)/telnet(ick).