MACsec SFP

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Jun 24 16:07:43 UTC 2014

On (2014-06-24 11:50 -0400), Christopher Morrow wrote:

> Programmable seems like the way to go, provided there's a path to do
> that in the cli of the device you plugged the SFP into? (which I think
> is the hard part actually, right?)

Solution could be same as for tunable optics, first you tune with eeprommer
until CLI gets support.
Remote legs could have their own eeprommer, which can be easy enough to use
not to require training and costs like 10EUR.

Maybe some customer would then enter need for this in CLI in their multimillion
dollar RFQ, and then we'd get the feature.

--
  ++ytti