MACsec SFP

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Jun 24 06:37:25 UTC 2014

On (2014-06-23 11:13 +0200), Pieter Hulshoff wrote:

> feature and market information for such a device, and I would welcome some
> feedback from interested people. Discussion about other types of smart SFPs
> would also be welcome. Feel free to contact me directly using the contact
> information below.

I'd do questionable things for subrate SFP, SFP which I can put to 1GE port
and have 10M and 100M rates available. Or to 10GE port and get 1GE, 100M and
10M

Use case is network generation upgrade where you still have one or two 100M
ports for MGMT ports etc.

There are quite few service SFP already available, RAD does E1 over IP/ETH
tunnels in SFP, Huawei has router-in-SFP, JDSU has ethernet probe in SFP,
probably quite few others.

--
  ++ytti